FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED IN THE DMV
Family-owned-and-operated, we are not a franchise or a large national corporation so we are able provide a flexible, customer-focused service at an affordable price that the others simply cannot match.
- Family-owned and operated, we are customer-focused and answer the phone right here in the DMV.
- Convenient, flexible storage solutions made specifically for the DMV.
- Next day and Sunday delivery available.
PRECISION DELIVERY SYSTEM – TIGHT SPACES ARE NO PROBLEM FOR OUR STORAGE UNITS
Our state-of-the-art technology allows us to fit where our competitors can’t.
- Our system can deliver a unit wherever a car can be parked. Hello DC, Arlington, and Bethesda!
- PODS: Requires 12 feet in width, 15 feet in overhead height, and 40 feet in length (about the length of 2 parking spaces) for them to deliver a container to you. Many times, a POD simply won’t fit in front of your house or apartment. In a parking lot, PODS requires you to reserve 3 consecutive spaces side-by-side for pick up or deliver - good luck in this area. We can fit into 1 space.
- Packrat: Requires 13.5 feet of height clearance free from obstruction, 12 feet of width clearance, and a total length of approximately 55 feet (almost the length of 3 parking spaces!), for the driver to position the truck for offloading.
- Load it (argue with your spouse or significant other)
- Our Precision Delivery System can lift vertically over 5,000 lbs and move over 10,000 lbs.
BEST QUALITY AND VARIETY OF STORAGE CONTAINERS
SpaceMaker is the only mobile storage company with both 8’ containers, a game-changer for the tight spaces inside the Beltway, and 20’ containers, the preferred size for onsite storage, contractors, and our business customers. Our 16’ containers are also rated to carry over 7,400 lbs, at least 1,400 lbs greater than Packrat and well over 3,200 lbs greater than PODS 16’ containers.
The U-Box utilizes a wood box, as do some other companies. So be aware. Even for temporary onsite storage, these can be susceptible to the elements and break in. The wood boxes are more easily damaged in transit or while loading, and eventually their doors do not even close tightly. These services also tout their economic pricing; however, these containers are much smaller than ours and once you add up the cost of renting several of these, any savings is often lost.